Friday, October 7, 2011

Dopplegangers, Halifax Magazine and CTAG

Dear Halifax and beyond,
        It's been a week full of tampering and little experiments. My latest creation is this little felt doppleganger. I'm custom making these 11 inch dolls by request for $50. You choose the hair, eye and skin colours, clothing and accessories and other details and I'll make a little being for you.
       Nicole Trask was kind enough to feature this little creature (and me) in her latest Halifax Magazine blog post. Check it out: http://halifaxmag.com/2011/10/blog/thoughtful-tampering/
        At the Seaport Market this weekend I will be selling at least one pair of warm, felted maritime wool socks - maybe two if I can get my new sign finished in time to work on them. This maritime wool is in melon green and dusty rose, to add a few winter colours to the autumns I've been working with lately. My fingers are crossed that there will be a table for me this Saturday, but if not I'll see you there on Sunday.
        As I type this, I'm sitting at the Hub where there is a buzz in the air with all of the planning of Halifax's show of art at night, Nocturne (Oct 15th). There will be lots of fun events that night, one of which is DAWNing, a collection of fashions by emerging designers at 2053 Gottingen St from 6 pm until midnight. I know at least one of the designers is a member of CTAG, the Clothing and Textile Action Group that works out of the Ecology Action Center here in Halifax so there should be some great eco-friendly clothes.
        Until next week stay warm.

No comments: