Friday, October 28, 2011

Felt Earrings and Toasty Mittens

      Over the last few weeks I've been experimenting with some accessories.
      Here are some of my needle felted earrings made from Nova Scotian fleece:




      I think the second pair are my favourite so far.
      The weather is starting to get snappy in this neck of the woods so it's mitten time. This week at my market stall I'll have some lovely pairs of felted mittens in dusty rose and melon green maritime wool as well as some undyed Nova Scotia wool. I knit them at least twice the size that I want them to be and then shrink them so the stitches are very tight. You can feel your fingers getting toasty as soon as you try them on so if you're like me and your fingers are always icy these are the perfect mits for you.
      See you tomorrow down at the brewery market and have a Happy Halloween next Tuesday!

No comments: