Monday, October 17, 2011

Carving

      I've been taking a few carvings to market with me these days. Soapstone is one of my first true loves so I thought I'd post of few of my latest here.
      This is my stone heart. It's about the size of a plum.

     This face is about the same size. I really like the rough stone at the back. You don't get that with store bought stones that are cut into cubes. I like that you can tell that this came from a rock that was shaped like a rock.

       I'm planning to go on some excursions to find natural soapstone in Nova Scotia soon. I'll let you know how that turns out. It would be great to get some bigger pieces to work with.

4 comments:

Laurie W. said...

That heart is inspiring.

Tamperling said...

Thanks Laurie! I'm thinking I'm going to make these part of a show if I can find a venue to have it in. I want to call it "parts".

Harold said...

Unlike any art I've ever seen.

Laurie W. said...

Do you know Parts Gallery in Toronto? One of my favourites. Your parts would fit in perfectly. http://www.partsgallery.ca