Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Self Employment Benefits (SEB) Program Application... (due tomorrow!)

Hello Blog-o-shere,
        It's been quite a week for me. The SEB (Self Employment Benefits) Orientation was last Thursday and it was really informative. Got me pretty excited about applying. There were about twenty people there and I sat with some fun folks - two of them were NSCAD alum like me. The program gives us all a week to come up with a very basic business plan. I go back to the CEED (Center for Entrepreneur Education and Development) office tomorrow to hand it in and give a little interview. CEED will let me know in two weeks whether I'm in or not. There aren't a limited number of spaces so that gives me a good feeling about my chances of acceptance. Also if I don't make it they'll tell me why so I can fix whatever the problem is and apply again in three months. So that seems pretty fair.
        I do have some fun things that I'm making right now, but since this week has been all about the business plan for me I thought I would post some (of the less boring bits) of that.
        First of all, I did a display page of images to hand in with the business plan to give some sense of the products I plan to sell. These have already appeared on the blog but this time I tried to make them look like part of a scrap book:

        Also, I had mentioned in another post that I wanted to post a time line of my goals for the business. Well I put that together for the business plan and here it is:

        Both of those pictures are too small to see the writing but if you click on them they should open in a new window large enough to read. Let me know if that's not happening.      
        I have to run because I still have some work to do for my meeting tomorrow. Enjoy the beautiful weather until then.

No comments: