Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Love to Japan, Leg Warmers, Button Tank, and Free Commenting

        Before I write my entry for this week I'd like to take a moment to offer some thoughts to friends and family who were in Japan during the recent string of disasters. I hope the worst is over and I wish you all the best in picking up and carrying on or in moving away. I also hope that you have the time and peace of mind to make that difficult decision. Personally I have been avoiding so many memories of Fukushima. It's all too shocking.


       Back here in Nova Scotia we're having beautiful Spring weather so I took the opportunity to take some pictures outside this afternoon.
       Here are some organic cotton leg warmers:
        You can wear them slouchy or tie them to stay up with the adjustable ribbon at the top:
        This next picture doesn't give you any product information but I really couldn't resist posting it. It's my sister on a trampoline. I didn't mean to shoot up her skirt, but you can't see anything and it's super fun shot:
        The other thing I had a chance to photograph today is a simple tank top that buttons in the back. This one is a prototype so it's made of plain, undyed cotton - but I have some beautiful hemp summercloth out of which I'm planning to make the next ones.

        It turns out that I miscalculated the dates when I said I would have more information on the entrepreneurship program today. The orientation is tomorrow so next week I'll have the scoop on that. I know that I'll have to have a business plan ready for next week too so I'll post any interesting developments from that here as well.
        A friend of my brother tried to leave a comment this week only to find that commenting was restricted to people with a google account - thanks for letting me know about that. I've changed those preferences and now everyone should be able to comment to their heart's content. If that's not the case please let me know by emailing tamperling@gmail.com
        Much thanks this week to my beautiful model (and sister), Sophie Godsoe. Sophie's a talented artist as well as a model and has asked me to pass along her devientART screen name for those of you who'd like to check out her work on that site: iraisedherdifferent6.
        Here's hoping for a week with altogether less news than the last one. Until next time... Jaa ne

No comments: