Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art vs. Home Decor?

        Here's an interesting question:
        Tamper will sell fashion, accessories and home decor because I like to make a wide variety of things. I know that a business should be fairly focused though, so what should I sell under the Tamper name and what should I show, sell or market elsewhere?
        I'm thinking that the answer may lay in the distinction between "art" and "home decor". As in Tamper will sell home decor and I'll leave the art for another project. I'm sure I'll gain some insight as I do more business planning and research but if any of you have thoughts on the subject, I'd love to read them.
        In the mean time here are some carvings I made. I hope you think they're pretty and if you're an art geek like me you can also ponder whether they are "art" or "home decor" ;p

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Gia. I looked at the carvings before reading your entry (sorry, pictures first!) and to me these lovely pieces are art. But THEN I read what you said about home decor and I think the distinction is where you sell it and what you call it at any given time. One art piece (or several) can also be home decor, but we all know that it really is art.

Teresa said...

Hi Gia. I hope you got my last comment. Let me know if it didn't come through.

Teresa