Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Picking Up Pace

        Well Lovelies, no photos today but I'm gonna cut myself a little slack because of all the running around I've been up to this week. The details are a bit tedious but the long and the short of it is that there is a forty week entrepreneurship course offered through the Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CEED) and I'm getting my ducks in a row to be eligible for that. It's exactly what I need to get the business skills and confidence to really pull this thing together. It's not for sure yet but I'll definitely keep you posted.
        If anybody is interested I found this course through the YMCA Employment Center in Dartmouth (118 Wyse Road near the bridge terminal). They hold orientations every Thursday at 2 and then you can set up a meeting with an employment counsellor and s/he can refer you to programs like the Self-Employment Benefits (SEB) program that I'm applying for. This particular program is only for people who've received EI sometime in the last three years and haven't registered a business yet. If that's not you though they may have something else for you. Can't hurt to look.
        This business and my life in general seem to be picking up pace. It feels good to be maintaining the regular amount of activity that I did before I got sick. It's been almost a year since I left my teaching job so it's about time. I've been so impatient to get well!
        Next week I'll have more news about the SEB program and at least one photo of something I make.

No comments: