Friday, August 5, 2011

Up and Running

      It's really happening. Last weekend my mother and I put in three 10 hour days sewing prototype garments together to get ready for a dress sizing event held at the Hub on Barrington St this past Tuesday. I would've blogged about the event if I wasn't scrambling to get ready for it. I got some great feedback from friends and people who were working at the Hub and now I'm going into production.
      What's the Hub? Well, that's where I'm writing this blog from today. It's a shared space in downtown Halifax where independent business people come to work. There's an international network of similar spaces around the world. I've begun volunteering here on Fridays in exchange for use of the space and I have to say I'm loving it. I'm meeting lots of great people and making connections for the business, I have access to fax, photocopier and scanner and meeting rooms if I ever need them. Not to mention a lovely bright space to do my computer work with people around as opposed to all alone in my basement.
      Speaking of my basement, here's an update on my studio renovations. It's not a miracle yet but it's a workable space now. Check it out (you can see the before shot in the blog archives) :
      Well that's all for now, my dears. Now that I'm at the Hub every Friday I hope my blogging will be slightly less erratic. Until next time ...

No comments: