Friday, August 19, 2011

I saw the sign ...

      Monday is the big day. I'll finally be selling my wares and you can come have a look, try them on and buy them between 8 and 5 at the Seaport Market. I'm a bit ahead of schedule actually. I was planning to start selling in the first week of September on the weekends but I got an email from the market saying they were looking for vendors to come in during the week to serve the cruise ships. I carefully weighed my lack of readiness against my lack of money and decided to give it a go.
      For those of you locals who'd like to check it out I'll be at the Seaport Market on
Monday the 22nd, 
Wednesday the 25th and 
Monday the 29th 
during cruise ship hours which range from 7 or 8 am to anywhere from 3 to 7 pm. I'll be brown bagging it so if you want to stop in on your lunch break I'll be there. My booth is set to be on the main level near Steve O'Reno's, but I hear that things can get moved around a lot so if you don't see me ask at information under the main stairs.
      In preparation for my big entrance into the world of retail sales I have made myself a sign. I'm not sure yet if it's finished, I think I might add a bit of blue to the background (many of you know how I feel about blue). Here it is so far:
      Now picture it hanging from a white iron, scroll-work divider behind my table of wares.
      Hopefully you'll be able to compare what you've imagined to the real thing when you come to the market in the next two weeks, or on a weekend over the course of the next few months.
      Wish me luck with the mountain of sewing to be done between now and then and I'll let you know how it goes when I write again next Friday. See you soon :)

ps- apologies to Mike Dixon for calling him Matt on the poster and flier I posted last week. It's fixed now  so if any of you posted last weeks poster you may want to replace it with the poster that is now in last weeks post - say that ten time fast why dontcha...

No comments: