Tuesday, January 17, 2012

turban headband and toggle collar

      They say that a lawyer that represents herself has a fool for a client. The same goes for a photographer who does her own modeling I think but I did what I could to get a few fun shots.
      I call this first one a Toggle Collar for obvious reasons (well, obvious if you know that this type of button is called a toggle). The design came out of some left over felt that I had after my first attempts at making a balaclava. I remade that balaclava three times before I had it right and the left over organic wool felt was too good to waste. After a bit of playing with the scraps I came up with this neck warmer and so my accidents had a happy ending that day.

     This next piece is the perfect winter headgear for those of us who don't usually go for hats. The Turban Headband is loose enough to leave your stylin' locks in place but still cozy and warm around the ears. These two colours are organic wool but I also make it in a dusty rose and mint green New Brunswick wool.

      This week my new order of organic wool has arrived so those of you who've been asking for black since September will finally get your wish along with a nice country blue.
      See you at the market on Saturday ...

No comments: